Keller Williams Commission Splits
Pre – CAP
Net to Agent
|Total Commission is Determined by the Value Provided by the Agent to the Customers(1).||-30% Company Dollar |
– CAPPED Each Anniversary Year(2)
– CAP Amount Varies by Market Center(3)
– Calculated on Gross
|– 6% Franchise Fee |
– CAPPED Each Anniversary Year(4)
– CAP Amount is $3,000
– Calculated on Gross
– Usually CAPS before Company Dollar(5)
|– Gross Commission minus Company Dollar minus Franchise Fee Equals Net |
– While others talk about SPLIT – it is the NET that matters most. The Amount the Agent Takes Home.
Net to Agent
|Total Commission||-100% of Gross Commission to Agent |
– 0% to the Zionsville Indiana Market Center
|-100% of Gross Commission to Agent |
– 0% to KWRI
|AGENT KEEPS 100% OF THE COMMISSION|
Are you already licensed and want to set up an interview? Or are you about halfway thru your real estate class or waiting to take your final state/national exam? Contact me and I will set up a consultation for your with the Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams office and they will get you the specific cap amount and more importantly share with you about the Keller Williams Training and Systems that are designed for you to collect more checks at a 100% commission split and keep more of your net in the long run.
(1) Total Commission is Determined by the Value Provided by the Agent to the Customers. There are no SET commission rates in the industry. That being said, agents that actively participate in the Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams Training have been shown to earn a higher commission percentage dues to a greater ability to demonstrate and provide value to their clients than that of the average, untrained agent. What good is a lower commission split from the real estate company if the agent does not collect the commission amount from the client in the first place?
Training Matters. Whether it is the Ignite Program held at the Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams office or other training programs. Agents that participate in the Keller Williams Award Winning Training are proven to earn more commissions.
Here is a scenario. An Average Agent that is with a non training based company takes a listing. The Listing rate charged to the client is discounted. Even though the agent has a lower split with his broker than the KW Model, He or She still ends up netting LESS because they never collected the money in the first place. Add to this the second part of the scenario, that the house ends up selling for less than market average because of the discounted service and lack of training on pricing, presentation, negotiations, etc. and the average agent ends up with even less in their pockets as a NET. Yet they are quick to talk about the low split.
These lack of skills can also show up in another way. Less overall sales per year. So while the low split looks appealing on the surface, closer examination shows that when the CAP kicks in, the blended approach that the Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams Commission Split employees put more money in the agents pocket when the agent is doing more than an average amount of sales per yer. Agents that have participated in the Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams BOLD Program have shown this by their increase in contracts and closings.
(2) Company Dollar is CAPPED Each Anniversary Year. The agent has a predictable time of the year when they can plan and forecast. In the typical Win-Win fashion of the Keller Williams Model, it also provides a level of predictability to the Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams office that can plan on having a level of income throughout the year as agents roll off of the CAP and begin to contribute company dollar again. By doing so, the Keller Williams Model removes a level of the seasonality faced by other real estate companies.
If an agent does not have enough productions to meet the CAP amount for the anniversary year, the are not penalized. They do not have to the pay the office the difference and the amount is not rolled over to the following year. (This has to be pointed out because some companies commission splits include these types of penalties or structures that require the agent to pay, even if they are not selling any homes for that month or year.)
(3) CAP Amount Varies by Market Center. If you were reading this page trying to find out the specific CAP of the Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams office… Sorry. This site is not just going to publish “the number”. Contact me and I will set up a consultation for your with the Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams office and they will get you the specific cap amount.
More important than the amount of the cap is the way in which this money is spent. The Zionsville Indiana Associate Leadership Council, Ownership and Leadership ensure that the money that is collected via the company dollar is spent in an Agent Centric manner. Not only are they watching over the finances of the market center, they are operating in an open book policy. This ensures that money is not being spent on unallowable expenditures or programs. This above all else differentiates that Zionsville Indiana Keller Williams Commission Structure & Splits from any other company.
(4) Franchise Fee is CAPPED Each Anniversary Year. And paid to a privately owned, debt free company. Decisions are made along with investments in Training and Technology that benefit the Agents of the company and not Wall Street Shareholders.
Also this amount is capped. Other companies talk of a lower commission split for the office, but downplay the fact that they have a franchise fee and that this franchise fee for these other companies never goes away or gets reduced.
Also, when the company is spending the money on technology initiatives, are they turning over your data and the company data to other companies that are looking to take market share or are they committed, like Keller Williams is, to protecting your data? The KW Data Rights Pledge: We will always respect your data as your business and we will always allow you to take your data with you.
(5) The Franchise Fee Usually CAPS before Company Dollar. Due to the amount as compared to the calculation of the company dollar. Thus there can be a number of transactions that do not include a Franchise Fee.
Blanket Statements like “Our Split is only X and Keller Williams is 70/30” do not always tell the entire story. Also, a note for new or prospective agents. When you ask “How much is your split?”, make sure you know… The Rest of the Story.
Not all Commission Splits and Commission Structures are the same. Seek First to Understand and your Net take home pay will thank you in the long run.