Getting your real estate license in Texas is a fairly straight forward process. That being said, it is a process with a number of steps that need to be followed. This information is provided to give you a road map for how to get your real estate license in Texas.
This information has been compiled from the Texas Real Estate Board. Please understand that the states can periodically make changes to the minimum education requirements, experience criteria and testing / examination procedures. Feel free to visit their website or contact them directly.
Texas Real Estate License Requirements
Texas Real Estate Commission
– Must Be 18 years of age
– Must be a citizen of the United States or a lawfully admitted alien
– Must be a legal resident of Texas
Course work – Classes:
Must furnish the Commission evidence of completion of the following education:
– Principles of Real Estate core real estate course (60 classroom hours)
– Law of Agency core real estate course (30 classroom hours)
– Law of Contracts core real estate course (30 classroom hours)
– An additional core real estate course (30 classroom hours)
– Another four semester (60 classroom) hours in core courses or in related college courses acceptable to the Commission.
– Have to pass a proctored final exam
– State Approved Online Course is ALLOWED – Click Here to Get Started
Independent State Exam:
– Administered by outside vendor
Texas Real Estate Schools
Taking an online pre-licensing course allows your to succeed at your own pace, without being tied to a set schedule that may be spread out over weeks of time. You can take an online course in the comfort of your home without the distractions of other students that may not be a committed to getting up and running as much as you are. Click Here for a list of Real Estate Schools in Texas
Application for the Texas Real Estate Exam
Once you have passed your Real Estate Course Final Exam you can apply to take the Texas Real Estate Exam
Schedule – Take & Pass your Texas Real Estate Exam
When they have your application – you can schedule to take (& pass) your State Exam
Schedule an Appointment to talk to YourCBL.com about joining Keller Williams Realty in Texas
Contact us to schedule & hold a comprehensive interview with you to see how your Career, Business & Life can benefit by taking your real estate career to new heights with Keller Williams Realty.