Getting your real estate license in Colorado is a fairly straight forward process. That being said, it is a process with a number of steps that need to be followed. This information is provided to give you a road map for how to get your real estate license in Colorado.
This information has been compiled from the Colorado Real Estate Board. Please understand that the states can periodically make changes to the minimum education requirements, experience criteria and testing / examination procedures. Feel free to visit their website or contact them directly.
Colorado Real Estate License Requirements
Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA) – Colorado Division of Real Estate
– To get licensed in Colorado, you must be at least 18 years of age.
– An associate broker must be employed and supervised by an employing broker or on inactive status. You must meet the requirements listed below as they pertain to your Current Status.
Course work – Classes:
– To be licensed in Colorado, you must complete a minimum of 168 hours of pre-licensing education and pass both the state and national portion of the Colorado real estate broker exam.
Real Estate Law and Practice (48 hours)
Colorado Contracts and Regulations (48 hours)
Trust Accounts and Record Keeping (8 hours)
Current Legal Issues (8 hours)
Real Estate Closings (24 hours)
Practical Applications (32 hours)
– Have to pass a proctored final exam
– State Approved Online Course is ALLOWED – Click Here to Get Started
Independent State Exam:
– Administered by outside vendor – PSI
Colorado Real Estate Schools
Taking an online pre-licensing course allows your to succeed at your own pace, without being tied to a set schedule that may be spread out over weeks of time. You can take an online course in the comfort of your home without the distractions of other students that may not be a committed to getting up and running as much as you are. Click Here for a list of Real Estate Schools in Colorado
Application for the Colorado Real Estate Exam
Once you have passed your Real Estate Course Final Exam you can apply to take the Colorado Real Estate Exam
Schedule – Take & Pass your Colorado Real Estate Exam
When they have your application – you can schedule to take (& pass) your State Exam –
Schedule an Appointment to talk to YourCBL.com about joining Keller Williams Realty in Colorado
Contact us to schedule & hold a comprehensive interview with you to see how your Career, Business & Life can benefit by taking your real estate career to new heights with Keller Williams Realty.